[Xmca-l] Re: Re-situating funds of identity within contemporary interpretations of perezhivanie

Andy Blunden andyb@marxists.org
Tue Jun 26 05:33:52 PDT 2018

In  my view, Rob, ...

Paradigmatically, the "critical episode" is a moment, but
the important point is not the duration but the *unity* of
the episode. For example, as a result of the Vietnam War,
etc., I left my home in 1966 and returned to Australia only
after 20 years, mostly spent in England. This was "an
experience," an episode, a single whole which has shaped my
personality.

But even in relation to the "paradigmatic" case, the change
in personality is not a momentary process, but occurs over a
more or less protracted period of time (catharsis) with
greater or lesser participation by other people around you.

Andy

Andy Blunden
http://www.ethicalpolitics.org/ablunden/index.htm