[Xmca-l] Re: Analytical and Continental

Andy Blunden andyb@marxists.org
Mon Dec 31 17:20:58 PST 2018

By the time I got to read Habermas he was already the
previous generation of Critical Theorists and I found myself
most interested in Nancy Fraser and Seyla Benhabib. Critical
Theory provided an environment for the Hegel-Marx dialogue I
was interested in, but I soon found that Critical Theory
gave no space for Vygotsky and CHAT - they were trapped with
Freud and Piaget. Here is what I wrote in 2006 in first
parting company with Critical Theory:
https://www.ethicalpolitics.org/ablunden/pdfs/critical%20theory%20and%20psychology.pdf

Andy

Andy Blunden