[Xmca-l] Re: Rogers day

Annalisa Aguilar annalisa@unm.edu
Sun Aug 12 13:27:31 PDT 2018

Peter and venerable others,

I'm presuming you are directing your post to me.

First, I did not ask you to volunteer your private information. Nor am I the author of your responses. I had no intention to post about anxiety, that was a topic inserted from Charle's post on Sullivan. I was comparing and contrasting to integrate what Charles had to say, which is often the way conversations go.

Let me be clear: I will not be able to follow your recommendation, Peter, particularly because I feel your true motivation is to shut me down, which is commonly done to women on this list and in society in general.

"Nevertheless she persisted!" How dare I do that? 😊

Please take responsibility for yourself, your actions, and your pain.

I find it terribly ironic that I was posting about Fred Rogers and Carl Rogers and...

...POSITIVE REGARD (aka love or care)...

...and the VALUE of that discussion, the discussion that I would very much like to have, passes right by and descends into the topic of anxiety and the commencement of a flamewar.

I find it startling that people do not have the COURAGE, nor even the CURIOSITY, to discuss the value of positive regard. Where are you, kind and happy people?

Perhaps our own self talk tells us we do not deserve it. So much so we have to censor others who bring it up.

What is the apparent crime in discussing positive regard? What is the fear that is stirred up?

If anyone wishes to continue discussing models of anxiety, I invite folks to start a different thread about it.

Oh, look! I see Peter Jones has done just that. Thanks Peter J. There you go Peter S, now you can discuss anxiety all you like! And any way you like. Have a go.

In dicussing Fred Rogers and Carl Rogers, I was interested in something very very different, something that is actually not pathological, but affirming.

Kind regards,

Annalisa