[Xmca-l] FW: Carmen-Hurricane relief

Peter Smagorinsky smago@uga.edu
Wed Nov 29 09:11:21 PST 2017

Mi amiga Carmen Martinez-Roldan sent this request about helping Puerto Rico, which has fallen out of the news but remains devastated by the hurricane. I know we are all getting endless requests to support charities at this time of year, so I hope this isn’t unwelcome or one too many. But given their shabby treatment by our government, I hope it can generate some donations. Thx,p

From: Martinez-Roldan, Carmen [mailto:cmm2259@tc.columbia.edu]
Querido Peter, we haven't talked for a while. I hope you are doing well, taking care of your very beautiful garden.
I have been in PR where I lived through the storm. I'll write more later but wanted to ask for your help to spread this invitation to help me fund a school's library. The storm ripped off the library's ceiling and they lost all their books. Please, share the link as you like:
https://www.gofundme.com/childrens-books-gone-with-hurrican

I also want to share a statement I wrote for LRA. It will be read at the Town Hall Meeting. Thought you would be interested in learning about my experience.
Best,
Carmen

--
Carmen M. Martínez-Roldán, Ph.D.