[Xmca-l] Re: RES: Re: Child Development: Understanding a Cultural Perpsective

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Sun May 21 17:00:09 PDT 2017

For discussion, David.

Vis a vis the uniqueness of early ontogeny : That there is functional
reorganization associated with physical decline and cultural accumulation
seems like a point of potential agreement as an abstract starting point. A
great many adults in this world appear to believe that there IS a '"final
or complete or ideal" that guides their behavior.

Vis a vis mandatory retirement: Hopefully Rod will not be economically
crippled by being "let out to pasture." If he has the means to keep body
and soul together, he now has a great deal of time to devote to issues he
cares a lot about. And he will be more productive in academic fora such as
XMCA.  Its a great luxury.  And presumably the people migrating to South
Korea to teach in order to keep body and soul together are sharing the fate
of their working class kin. :-(

Hang in here Rod!  :-)

mike