[Xmca-l] Society for Qualitative Inquiry in Psychology Annual Conference

Elizabeth Fein feine@duq.edu
Sun May 21 09:59:53 PDT 2017

Dear colleagues,

If you are a New Yorker or plan to be in NYC this week, check out the
annual conference of the *Society **for Qualitative Inquiry in Psychology*,
a subdivision of the American Psychological Association's Division 5,
happening this
Wednesday and Thursday *May 24th and 25th* at Fordham University's Lincoln
Center campus. We've got an exciting program planned, including keynote
addresses from *Kim Hopper*, who does ethnographic work on
cross-cultural variations in the course and prognosis of schizophrenia and
also on homelessness, and the *Bronx African-American History Project*, a
collaborative oral history project that has informed a number of community
projects in NYC. We'll also have themed paper sessions and symposia,
posters, and a plenary address on validity in psychology from SQIP founding
members *Ruthellen Josselson, Ken Gergen and Mark Freeman, along with
Scott **Churchill.*

I've attached the conference program here along with some information about
the conference and a letter from our President, Fred Wertz; you can also
find out more information at our website, qualpsy.org.

Best,

Elizabeth Fein, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Psychology