[Xmca-l] Re: Hegel's notion of The Notion

Wolff-Michael Roth wolffmichael.roth@gmail.com
Thu May 11 09:21:09 PDT 2017

Vygotsky was heading, but never made progress because of his
intellectualism (see Zavershneva). Max Weber (sinnorientierte Handlung),
then A. Schütz (taking up Weber), later Ricœur (action sensée) all focus on
that dimension.

Ricœur also works out the relation between our practical comprehension
(compréhension) and explication.

All of this will lead to the insight that concepts are not things (e.g. see
Merleau-Ponty on how we know and understand a CUBE dynamically, which is
acknowledged and reified by the research on mirror neurons---see Rizzolatti
et al, 1997, in SCIENCE).

Michael

Wolff-Michael Roth, Lansdowne Professor
Applied Cognitive Science
MacLaurin Building A567
University of Victoria
Victoria, BC, V8P 5C2
http://web.uvic.ca/~mroth <http://education2.uvic.ca/faculty/mroth/>

New book: *The Mathematics of Mathematics
<https://www.sensepublishers.com/catalogs/bookseries/new-directions-in-mathematics-and-science-education/the-mathematics-of-mathematics/>*