[Xmca-l] Re: The Social and the Semiotic

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Tue Jun 27 10:56:05 PDT 2017

Could someone in this discussion explain to me the relationship between
social-semiotics and the sounds of whales which David used as the
springboard to the comments about socio ? cultural.

It appears to be clear to all of you, but it is not at all clear to me! The
question of the ways that different people have referred to the Vygotsky-
inspired theorizing has been discussed a fair number of times here on
xmca and I would be happy to re-visit it. But David was (I thought)
seriously linking the early and late parts of his note and I could not
follow
it into the recent notes.

Guidance much appreciated.
mike