[Xmca-l] Re: Technology that modulates indicative participation

Larry Purss lpscholar2@gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 12:35:04 PDT 2017

Alfredo,
I sent this as an aside to the main discussion to focus on this notion of modulating experience. In this example if  modulating a sign language into spoken form becomes  seamless then the visual channel and hand gestures (having the qualia of language processing)  could be translated (modulated) into another indicative form.
I was imagining the potential of this emerging technology for communication.
This was why I opened a separate thread but it may  have some relevance to what Mike Cole mentioned.
  Garfinkle and ethno methods exploring  indicative procedures occurring both within situations and also AS situations that in our practices become within

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Alfredo Jornet Gil
Sent: June 9, 2017 11:56 AM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Technology that modulates indicative participation

Hi Larry, all,

the actual link you sent reads 'this chess robot will destroy you in nine minutes...'; the video on the technology you mention can be accessed in the right column of that same link (just in case others had trouble following the link).

Larry, you mean has something to say about the other thread on Yasuko's paper and the associated theme of emotions and infrastructures? Or?

Alfredo