[Xmca-l] Reaping what you sew

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Tue Jun 6 08:36:53 PDT 2017

XMCA-o-philes-

Below is a story about the infusion of high technology pedagogical regimes
into
American schools. What struck me was both the extent to which the underlying
pedagogy in some of these effort (rhetoric about student-driven educational
regimes) and the technological structure (individualization through use of
learning algorithms) resonate with views one might find on xmca and/or are
derived from research on the use of learning theory ideas that can be
traced by the mathematical learning theory ideas popular when i was a
graduate student.

Anyway, a sign of the times. For your amusement if you are so inclined.

mike

PS- Putting this url in my browser worked for me but its pretty long. Good
luck.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/06/technology/tech-billionaires-education-zuckerberg-facebook-hastings.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=second-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news