[Xmca-l] Re: Отв: Re: Ilyenkov, Marx, & Spinoza

Ivan Uemlianin ivan@llaisdy.com
Thu Jul 27 14:49:05 PDT 2017

Dear David

Sorry to quibble, but your email (4th para) doesn't seem to be using "mode" in the same way as Spinoza (in the Ethics). In the Ethics, Substance has infinite Attributes, two of which (the only two humans can be affected by) are Extension and Thought. Modes are finite particulars (eg tables and ideas).

How Spinoza would categorise the laws of thermodynamics is a whole nother question.

Best wishes

Ivan
@ilyenkov_et_al

--