[Xmca-l] Re: Inner thought in theater pieces

Edward Wall ewall@umich.edu
Thu Jul 13 11:57:53 PDT 2017

Mike

     What you say is interesting, but it is not my experience and not that of any I have talked so far (other than yourself). I can, for example, imagine winning the lottery. I can imagine even imagine that I felt a feeling that most would feel on that occurrence; however I do not feel those feelings if I imagine winning the lottery (I just tried it, by the way). I can imagine that I came home tired tomorrow evening, I can imagine that I was tired, but I do not feel tired when I do that imagining (even though I was tired last night so I know what those feeling were like). It may quite well be a lack in me and others.
      Anyway, how does it feel when you imagine coming home tired or do I misunderstand. Are you saying you imagine coming home tired and find yourself feeling something - say irritation - or are you saying, in your body and mind, you feel what you normally identify as tiredness?

Ed