[Xmca-l] Re: Being and belonging from identity to experience

Larry Purss lpscholar2@gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 12:33:24 PDT 2017

Doctor Michel Weber  (institute superieur de philosophies, Louvain-la-Neuve) wrote a book review of Hans W. Cohn’s “Heidegger and the Roots of Existential Therapy that I found in my wandering ways. The image or symbol of “capsule” registered as significant.

Here is Michael Weber’s phrase situated in  further context:

Like all survivors of to the imperious Freudian figure, Cohn is eager to contrast his own position to the classical psychoanalytic school. He repeatedly emphasises the necessity to shift from ‘explanation’ based on intra-psychic processes (Heidegger spoke of ‘capsule-like representations’) to ‘understanding’ based on intersubjectivity. Human beings are not isolated entities carrying the burden of an unconscious past, they are ‘ek-static’ individuals always already standing outside themselves among their peers.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Wolff-Michael Roth
Sent: July 6, 2017 12:14 PM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Being and belonging from identity to experience

Hi Larry,
can you tell us where you read what you paraphrase Heidegger to have said?
Michael

Wolff-Michael Roth, Lansdowne Professor

Applied Cognitive Science
MacLaurin Building A567
University of Victoria
Victoria, BC, V8P 5C2
http://web.uvic.ca/~mroth <http://education2.uvic.ca/faculty/mroth/>

New book: *The Mathematics of Mathematics
<https://www.sensepublishers.com/catalogs/bookseries/new-directions-in-mathematics-and-science-education/the-mathematics-of-mathematics/>*