[Xmca-l] Re: Trump's "talking" versus "speaking"

Christopher Schuck schuckcschuck@gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 11:33:20 PST 2017

I didn't see that link before - thank you Alfredo.

I would never wish to imply that the deep analysis of the speech concerns
itself only with the formal text and that it doesn't reveal new
possibilities and layers. Quite the contrary!! If there was any question I
meant to raise, it had more to do with how we go about deciding what to
take as our reference point/point of departure for such a discussion, and
whether with someone such as Trump the inauguration speech might possibly
turn out to be a more arbitrary starting point than it would be for some
other people. But you are right - and anyway, it's all important.

Chris