[Xmca-l] Re: Fw: ISLS Calls for Recision of Travel Restrictions and Immigration Ban

Alfredo Jornet Gil a.j.gil@iped.uio.no
Thu Feb 2 22:35:36 PST 2017

The ISLS has written a call, but shall we scholars who live outside the US but not in the banned countries continue travelling to the US despite our colleagues not being able to join? The Guardian poses that question.

https://www.theguardian.com/higher-education-network/2017/jan/30/should-academics-boycott-donald-trumps-america

From: xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu <xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu> on behalf of Alfredo Jornet Gil <a.j.gil@iped.uio.no>
Sent: 03 February 2017 04:44
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [Xmca-l] Fw: ISLS Calls for Recision of Travel Restrictions and Immigration Ban

________________________________
From: International Society of the Learning Sciences <islsmembership@gmail.com>
Sent: 03 February 2017 04:10:54
To: Alfredo Jornet Gil

ISLS Calls for Recision of Travel Restrictions and Immigration Ban

The International Society of the Learning Sciences (ISLS) is a community of scholars committed to using our research to promote diverse, just, and equitable learning opportunities throughout the world. Our community relies upon the free and open exchange of ideas from all of our international members and scholars from around the world, and depends upon free and open mobility for researchers, students, and other members of our scholarly community. The US President's Executive Order banning entry into the US for all nationals of Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen creates a serious impediment to the free and open exchange of people and ideas necessary to support a vibrant, diverse intellectual community capable of addressing educational issues in ways consistent with the mission of the Society. This executive order affects students and scholars in our community and affiliated colleagues living and working in the US and abroad, in ways that disrupt their scholarship and their lives. We oppose this executive order and urge the President to rescind it immediately.

ISLS Announcements <http://tinyletter.com/isls-2017-membership> by International Society of the Learning Sciences
252 Bloor Street West Toronto, ON M5S1V6 Canada
Sent to a.g.jornet@iped.uio.no -  Unsubscribe <http://tinyletter.com/isls-2017-membership/unsub?c=cf59bc62-eecc-48e5-866c-6919a916782e&m=isls-calls-for-recision-of-travel-restrictions-and-immigration-ban>
Delivered by
[TinyLetter]<http://www.tinyletter.com>