[Xmca-l] Re: Neoformation and developmental change: Issue 4 article for discussion

Huw Lloyd huw.softdesigns@gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 05:36:51 PST 2017

James,

Possibly you are conflating a process of reflection with that of a
(hypothetical) temporal perceptual-rational difference, i.e. that your
meaning derived from experience is a reflected-upon experience. Also, with
respect to the equating of "experience of experience" with consciousness,
this seems to me to be more appropriately related to self-consciousness --
I trust that's helpful.

Your 3 points re DM assumptions seem reasonable to me, and I am equally
bemused about the university cultures you allude to here (and other
emails), although I would say they are not so simple, especially if one is
looking for theoretical rigour or merely discussion.

Best,
Huw