[Xmca-l] Re: Vera John-Steiner has passed away

Jay Lemke lemke.jay@gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 13:23:22 PST 2017

Just now reading of Vera's passing.

So sad she has left us, but so happy in remembering all my wonderful
conversations with her in so many places around the world.

I learned a lot from her about the less visible and more implicit aspects
of creativity and collaboration and how to think with and about them. I
also learned about compassion, and about the challenges faced by even the
most brilliant women in a male-arrogant academia. People who never met her
can be grateful for her life and her work. For those who were lucky enough
to know her, we have been lucky indeed.

JAY.

Jay Lemke
Professor Emeritus