[Xmca-l] Re: Vera John-Steiner has passed away

Jessica Kindred kindred.jessica@gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 14:06:08 PST 2017

I’m so deeply saddened by this news. There was a wonderful professor and mentor to me when she was in New York at the CUNY Graduate Center. Her innovative teaching, generous insight, and inspired compassion was such a gift, not to mention her beautiful writing, which stays with us. She also led some wonderful conversations at Movement Research in New York City on Dance with Dance Collaborations in 1993, bridging the academic and artistic communities. I’m very grateful to her, and I send my deepest condolences to her daughter Suki and her grandchildren who brought her such joy.
Jessie Kindred