[Xmca-l] Отв: Re: Отв: Отв: Re: Ilyenkov, Marx, & Spinoza

Alexander Surmava alexander.surmava@yahoo.com
Sat Aug 5 15:58:42 PDT 2017

Hi, Afredo, David and all.Alfredo, you are quite exact pointing at contradiction between my and Sergey Mareev’s positions.I can agree with your guess about the basis of such contradiction. Sergey prefers to hold a position closer to early Ilyenkov whereas I had to revise some of his old ideas during my research. Surely, I think that I hold true to his basic principles such as materialism and dialectic.Thus, Ilyenkov was strident critic of Ivan Pavlov's cartesianism. In the same time, he evidently overestimated the scientific character of his physiological ideas. That is evident if we recall Bernstein and his investigations. Moreover, in his early texts Ilyenkov himself repeats old Cartesian mistakes regarding animals as mechanical S->R automatons. Late Ilyenkov evidently moved to recognition of animals as thinking subjects.I can hardly agree with your idea of combination of two hostile principles like activity and passive sensation. Precisely such attempts to combine eclectically so called Leninist principle of reflection (principle of passive sensation) with formally ascending to Marx vague verbiage about activity was the mainstream in soviet official psychology.In any way, the problem, which you arise, is very, very interesting!Sasha