[Xmca-l] Re: Writing date of Leontiev - The Present Tasks of Soviet Psychology ?

David Kellogg dkellogg60@gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 15:09:57 PDT 2017

Clay:

We discussed this text on xmca back in 2011, e.g.

http://lchc.ucsd.edu/mca/Mail/xmcamail.2011_12.dir/msg00047.html

Here's what Mike said at the time:

"From the book itself, it is difficult to date the articles or to link them
to a particular occasion. The book was published in 1961 and came from
East Germany. From the introductory material by Hans Hiebsch, an East German
> psychologist, it appears to have followed the "Victory of Lysenko in
August 1948." It appeared in "Soviet Pedagogy" in Number 1, 1949. I do not
have a copy.

I think I have a copy of it back in my library in Korea, in a pamphlet put
out by psychiatrists sympathetic to the Communist Party--sometime in the
mid-fifties, at the height of the McCarthy witch-hunt. But I'm in Australia
right now!

David Kellogg
Macquarie University