[Xmca-l] Re: Current takes on the 'later' Vygotsky

Wolff-Michael Roth wolffmichael.roth@gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 10:38:00 PDT 2017

Mike,
to me a clue would be the last couple of paragraphs of *Thinking and Speech*,
what he says about the word being reality for two but impossible for one.
Same for commodity, indeed, this goes back to Feuerbach's articulation of a
Spinozist-materialist approach, and thus would have been consistent with
the other Spinozist inclinations of Vygotsky during that final period. It
would be consistent with the emergence of the general (Kapital), as
articulated by Il'enkov and, with respect to consciousness, by
Mamardashvili.
Michael

Wolff-Michael Roth, Lansdowne Professor
Applied Cognitive Science
MacLaurin Building A567
University of Victoria
Victoria, BC, V8P 5C2
http://web.uvic.ca/~mroth <http://education2.uvic.ca/faculty/mroth/>

New book: *The Mathematics of Mathematics
<https://www.sensepublishers.com/catalogs/bookseries/new-directions-in-mathematics-and-science-education/the-mathematics-of-mathematics/>*