[Xmca-l] Re: MCA Issue 3 article for discussion Re-started

Huw Lloyd huw.softdesigns@gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 14:24:13 PST 2016

On 15 November 2016 at 21:11, Margaret A Eisenhart <
margaret.eisenhart@colorado.edu> wrote:

> Thank you for your comments, Huw.  They raise a number of interesting
> questions.  Regarding the first one below, we are wondering what you have
> in mind as an alternative to identity (in our particular case).  Regarding
> the second one below, we don’t think that identities of independence and
> finding out are sustainable for most students in this context unless
> students have additional resources (outside of classes) for developing
> such identities.
>
> Margaret

You're welcome, Margaret.  The "not" in point 2 is an edit error carrying
over from point 1.

For point 5 I had in mind a distinction between ways of being/orienting
that the student already has some habituation for vs those that are
fostered locally and whether authentically finding things out on their own
initiative is sustainable within the settings, i.e. whether it is
obstructed (generally I would say this is often the case including higher
ed.)

Best,
Huw