[Xmca-l] Re: MCA Issue 3 article for discussion Re-started

Margaret A Eisenhart margaret.eisenhart@colorado.edu
Tue Nov 15 13:11:32 PST 2016

Thank you for your comments, Huw.  They raise a number of interesting
questions.  Regarding the first one below, we are wondering what you have
in mind as an alternative to identity (in our particular case).  Regarding
the second one below, we don’t think that identities of independence and
finding out are sustainable for most students in this context unless
students have additional resources (outside of classes) for developing
such identities.

Margaret

On 11/13/16, 2:47 PM, "Huw Lloyd" <huw.softdesigns@gmail.com> wrote:

>ii) Whether it is better not to focus essentially on the place of
>identity.

v) Whether, in fact, there is actually a "tiered" or varied set of
acceptable "identities" within the settings you explored, such that
identities of independence and finding out are sustainable within these
settings, possibly representing a necessary fudge to deal with the
requirements placed upon the institutions.