[Xmca-l] Re: The power of Humanities in a recursive loop

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Mon May 23 12:41:43 PDT 2016

Greg-- What do you make of the minecraft world? I know a lot of kids that
love to play it (and adults who
think they are wasting their time). What has impressed me is how little
live adult co-presence is needed for a group of kids to develop pretty high
level skills (the adult is behind the code, somewhere, of course).

I ask both because minecraft appears as an issue in places I inhabit and
because one of the reasons live adults give if they think it is a good
activity for kids is that it is a pathway into the world of coding.

I liked the poem as well. Thanks for that.
mike

(Martin does his flushing in Bogota, Annalisa; perhaps that accounts for
the poor advice).

--

It is the dilemma of psychology to deal as a natural science with an object
that creates history. Ernst Boesch