[Xmca-l] Re: The power of Humanities in a recursive loop

Greg Mcverry jgregmcverry@gmail.com
Mon May 23 12:27:55 PDT 2016

However coding should not be a social-darwinist experiment, which tends to
be the case because code interpreters are ruthless syntactic stalinists.

I think this is  a stereotype, a specialized set of discourse practices,
and a reflection of gender inequity among coders.

Nobody learns to code. You can just copy and paste better than the next
gal. It takes a long time to generate original code.

I am a self taught....actually community taught...the auto-didactic coder
is a myth. I have been involved in a variety of open source projects in the
last few years as a non-technical contributor.

Yet every project I get involved in, I learn a little bit more. Right now
its just html/css/javascript but its always a little bit more than I knew
yesterday.

There are amazing and really inclusive places to reach out and learn how to
code or markup webpages.