[Xmca-l] Re: Fwd: [Sed-l] "Should anthropology break upwithethnography?"

Lplarry lpscholar2@gmail.com
Fri May 13 23:38:53 PDT 2016

Greg,
Are you asking if writing can ex/press (as a form of becoming)  ways of   participatory observing with others and this form of writing  as  unfolding or carrying us   (con)currently with others within  streams of thought?
As you say humanly writing which is opening inquiry that is not representing what has already occurred.
Would this way of writing continue to be ethnography or do we take Tim’s advice and  limit ethnographic writing to representing and describing what has previously occurred?

It seems this kind of writing would have the quality of written conversation unfolding.
Larry

Sent from my Windows 10 phone

From: Greg Thompson
Sent: May 13, 2016 5:46 PM
To: Larry Purss
Cc: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: Re: [Xmca-l] Re: Fwd: [Sed-l] "Should anthropology break upwithethnography?"

Yes, Larry, I hear you.
But I think the question that Joanna Cook is presenting is something like this (to blend these different languagings):
How can you write humaningly?
Is that entirely impossible? Is ethnography cursed with non-attentionality and un-becomingness? (the words get a bit, well, un-becoming...).

And the mention of shamanic move was meant as a compliment. I think it is also a complement to your "hearing the melody of the concept *mitsein* flowing [con]currently within this stream of thought, this way of travelling." Isn't that precisely what a good shaman does?

-greg