[Xmca-l] Re: Imagination;semiotic mediation

Annalisa Aguilar annalisa@unm.edu
Sun Mar 27 18:54:13 PDT 2016

WRT the stop sign cover,
http://www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/cover-story-2016-03-14
the order that I am looking across the composition is as follows:

First, the stop sign.
Second, the cross-guard (a black woman dressed in visible yellow)
Third, three young black children crossing the street.
Fourth, a white officer in the passenger seat of the police SUV.
Fifth, stop sign again.
Sixth, another white officer in the driver seat of the police SUV. (I notice both officers are looking out, away from the stop sign)
Seventh, how the cross-guard is looking down at the third child and the third child is looking up at her.
Eighth, everyone is dressed for winter while walking to school. It's cold outside.
Ninth, it is an urban setting.

Kind regards,

Annalisa