[Xmca-l] Re: Imagination;semiotic mediation

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Sun Mar 27 16:30:14 PDT 2016

So there is a whole lot packed into that combination of word and image, or
perhaps word/image. So many concepts woven into a single whole. Of course,
one's knowledge of the parts is going to vary across populations, but the
process of sense making at work appears common among us.

What about the third or forth image down the line, the one with the stop
sign. What is the sequence of meaning making as you look at that?

mike

As a second example I

--

It is the dilemma of psychology to deal as a natural science with an object
that creates history. Ernst Boesch