[Xmca-l] Re: Response to Spoilsport: Beyondoppositionaldualitiesindrama in education and dialogic pedagogy to promotelearningpossibilities

Lplarry lpscholar2@gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 10:09:46 PST 2016

Helen,
Two questions which may extend the notion of a *repertoire of positions* that may link to other traditions that also blur boundary markings and open a space of fluid re-positioning.

Can these multiple I positions be imagined as multiple *structures of consciousness* ??

Can these multiple I positions if  imagined as structures of consciousness also be imagined as multiple *persons* or personified structures of consciousness (as symbolic persons) ?
For example the *spoilsport* AS a personified structure of consciousness.
My question is related to linking or integrating other traditions which may be playing in the same field of understanding and practice.
If positions reorganize and reintegrate are they not structuring and restructuring??
Larry

-----Original Message-----
From: "Helen Grimmett" <helen.grimmett@monash.edu>
Sent: ‎2016-‎03-‎04 8:28 PM
To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l@mailman.ucsd.edu>
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Response to Spoilsport: Beyondoppositionaldualitiesindrama in education and dialogic pedagogy to promotelearningpossibilities

Yep Larry, I think you got it. Funnily enough, the Dialogical Self Theory conference was in The Hague, which is also home to the Escher museum. Wandering around the museum I was struck by how much of his work related to the ideas being discussed at the conference. In particular, this image (Still Life and Street) perfectly depicts for me this blurring of boundaries between inside and outside that you have picked up on.