[Xmca-l] Re: Noumenal and Phenomenal

Ma, James (james.ma@canterbury.ac.uk) james.ma@canterbury.ac.uk
Tue Jun 21 07:42:29 PDT 2016

Martin, by "a priori property" I meant the deductive character of phenomenological inquires.

By the way, I'm inclined to think that existentialism is quite in tune with Vygotsky since it takes the position that human action implies both mind and environment - e.g. according to Sartre, an individual is one who makes oneself of whatever is made of one.

I'd very interested to hear your take on this.

James

________________________________
From: xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu <xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu> on behalf of Martin John Packer <mpacker@uniandes.edu.co>
Sent: 21 June 2016 14:32
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Noumenal and Phenomenal

Well as I see it, hermeneutic phenomenology set out precisely to escape from the Kantian (and Husserlian) distinction between the 'world of experience' and 'the real world.' It insisted that we live *in* the world, and are *of* the world. In my view, Vygotsky was attempting something similar.

What "a prior property" are you referring to, James?

Martin