[Xmca-l] Re: Volkelt's diagram (LSV's HMF Vol 4)

Lplarry lpscholar2@gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 07:39:44 PST 2016

Huw,
This is interesting.
A concept of discovering meaning and what is meant by the term (discovery)?
The notion that phenomenological references
Semiotic references
Psychological references
Each contribute a (portion?) to meaning developing through discovery processes in social spaces.
This paper does seem to relate to our topic.

-----Original Message-----
From: "Huw Lloyd" <huw.softdesigns@gmail.com>
Sent: ‎2016-‎01-‎15 4:20 AM
To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l@mailman.ucsd.edu>
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Volkelt's diagram (LSV's HMF Vol 4)

In partial response to the questions being posed on this thread, the paper
from Wertsch and Kazak[1] may prove insightful.  It is quite a compact
paper with references to semiotic, phenomenological and psychological
accounts contributing to their conception of a process of discovering
meanings in a social space through the use of signs etc.

Unfortunately the paper was published in a rather expensive volume, so it
may only be available to those with access to inter-library loans or
similar services.

Best,
Huw

[1] http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-1-4419-7582-9_9