[Xmca-l] Re: Fwd: Re: Volkelt's diagram (LSV's HMF Vol 4)

‪Haydi Zulfei‬ ‪ haydizulfei@rocketmail.com
Tue Jan 12 07:40:15 PST 2016

Thank you , Andy ! especially when you refer to the opposition between mass material and molecular ; that's quite obvious ; you come near mine as 'variables in a state of fusion' .
BestHaydi

      From: Andy Blunden <ablunden@mira.net>
 To: xmca-l@mailman.ucsd.edu
 Sent: Tuesday, 12 January 2016, 11:14:46
 Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Fwd: Re: Volkelt's diagram (LSV's HMF Vol 4)

molar is derivged from the Laton moler meaning "mass" and
molecule is derived from the same root. "Molecule"
originated from discussions around Descartes' ideas, in same
sense as the modern usage. "Molar" only emerged in the 1870s
with the sense of a *mass* of material, explicitly in
contrast to molecular. So the words form a pair of
opposites, both originating from the same root.

Andy

*Andy Blunden*
http://home.pacific.net.au/~andy/