[Xmca-l] Re: Digital game-based learning

Hugh O'Donnell bluetanso@googlemail.com
Mon Jan 11 10:48:42 PST 2016

Yes, I think it was Vygotsky who said that children want to write; they
just want to write about something that matters. That's why we use the
simulation: it allows pupils and teams to be engaged with mission critical
activities that are supported by Science. Eg. Connect water pumps fitted
with heaters: heat melts subterranean ice, water flow begins... You have
water, you have hydrogen and oxygen for fuel and breathing.

Of course, pupils could present narratives orally...

I'll let you have a look at the second paper.

Kind Regards,
Hugh O'Donnell

http://bluetanso.WordPress.com
Twitter: @bluetanso