[Xmca-l] Re: Looking for lit on experiential learning?

Ellen Scully-Russ scullyru@gwu.edu
Fri Jan 8 12:53:22 PST 2016

I'd suggest the following...

Infed.org is a great resource for theory and practice in informal
education, with many cites and articles on experiential learning.

For a good overview of perspectives and theories of experiential learning
see... Fenwick, T.J. (2003). *Learning through experience: Troubling
orthodoxies and intersecting questions*. Krieger, Malabar, Fl.

Also check out Donald Schön's and Chris Argyris's work on reflective
practice and action science, both heavily based on Dewey's theory of
experience.

See Robin Usher's work for a postmodern point of view and critique
of experiential learning.

Finally, for a great critique of Kolb see: Ord, J. (2009). Experiential
learning in youth work in the UK: a return to Dewey.* International Journal
of Lifelong Education*. Vol 28/4, 495-511

Good luck...

--
Ellen Scully-Russ, Ed.D.
Associate Professor and Co-Director, Curriculum, Executive Leadership

Editorial Board Member,* Adult Learning, Advances in Developing Human
Resources, Journal of Transformative Education*

Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/escullyruss