[Xmca-l] Re: Request for advice

HENRY SHONERD hshonerd@gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 12:06:10 PST 2016

Helen,
I think it is, in light of this thread, serendipitous that the linguist John Holm just died. He focused on creoles, a project that started when he was travelling along the Carribean coast of Nicaragua and heard the English creole that grew up there. I am wondering how the history of a language that developed from the ground up would inform the top-down project you are engaged in.
Henry