[Xmca-l] FW: Journal

David H Kirshner dkirsh@lsu.edu
Fri Jan 1 17:57:23 PST 2016

Of possible interest to XMCAers...

From: Kenneth J Fasching-Varner
Sent: Friday, January 01, 2016 5:48 PM
To: Kenneth J Fasching-Varner
Cc: Lori L Martin
Subject: Journal

Greeting Colleagues,

I hope 2016 is off to a great start.  Lori Martin (a colleague of ours from Sociology and faculty member of the Curriculum Theory Project) and myself have been named Editors in Chief of Taboo: The Journal of Culture and Education. Taboo has a strong history founded by Joe Kincheloe and Shirley Steinberg.  The journal has a reputation for publishing critical, edgy, and transformative works that relates broadly to education and its socio-cultural context.  As editors we are not committed to any one particular inquiry tradition; we will welcome submissions that reflect and address meaningful and critically important questions,  answered or addressed by a variety of methodological approaches. We also welcome submissions that are less traditional in their manner/format of presentation. The journal is peer reviewed.

... We wanted to share the flyer with you all in the event that you, your students, colleagues outside of LSU, or list servs you are on may have interest in the journal.  Please pass along the information to whomever you think might be interested or disregard the email if you are not interested but made it this far.

All the best,

Kenny

[LSU]<http://www.lsu.edu/>

Kenneth J. Fasching-Varner, PhD
Shirley B. Barton Endowed Associate Professor
School of Education - College of Human Sciences and Education
Louisiana State University
217 Peabody Hall, Baton Rouge, LA  70803
office 225-578-2918   | mobile 225-916-7615
varner@lsu.edu<mailto:varner@lsu.edu> | lsu.edu<http://www.lsu.edu/> http://www.lsu.edu/chse/education<http://http:/www.lsu.edu/chse/education/>

[Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/geauxlsu>