[Xmca-l] Re: "Visions of Johanna" as Verbal Art

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Tue Feb 16 20:26:51 PST 2016

Super reading, David

Your description of "theme" and knowledge you are reading FilmForm put me
in a frame to see theme exemplified by the title of Eisenshtein films with
single words that appear to be themes- Strike, Battleship Potemkin, the
unity that emerges from. And is "more than" the sum of its parts.

Or so I was thinking while reading.
Mike

--

It is the dilemma of psychology to deal as a natural science with an object
that creates history. Ernst Boesch