[Xmca-l] Re: "Mediation" as Error Correction

Huw Lloyd huw.softdesigns@gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 03:04:44 PST 2016

Perhaps you should respond in kind, David:

1.  A failure to understand that speech and systems of notation mediate,
i.e. guide and structure, activity which is the phenomenon that benefits
from contact with reality.
2.  Failure to understand that direct correction of these systems can
inculcate an erroneous sense that systems of notation and speech are the
"objective material" to be worked upon, rather than the efficacy of their
use in realising object systems from which natural feedback can be obtained.
3. Failure to grasp the opportunity to frame these minor situations in the
context of encouraging the student's own self-regulation and confidence in
thinking.

Any good?

Best,
Huw