[Xmca-l] Re: John Shotter

Martin John Packer mpacker@uniandes.edu.co
Sun Dec 18 13:36:54 PST 2016

Back in 1975 or 76, as best as I can recall, I was working as a research assistant with Brian Foss at Bedford College, University of London. Someone overly trusting put me, wet behind the ears, in charge of the weekly invited speaker series. I had come across some of John Shotter’s writing, so I wrote him a letter, or phoned him (no email in those days), and invited him to visit. He bought a day return rail ticket from Nottingham to London, called the Shopper Special, and gave a delightful talk.  We agreed to rename the ticket the Shotter Special.

I’ve followed, and learned from, his work ever since.

Martin