[Xmca-l] Re: John Shotter

Beth Ferholt bferholt@gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 12:40:22 PST 2016

Thank you for this email, Lois.  John was my teacher in several classes
when I was 18 years old at Swarthmore college.  After ten years as a
preschool teacher I contacted him and told him my muddled ideas about
children teaching adults through play, in relation to Vygotsky's work, and
he said: "Go and think about these things with Mike Cole at LCHC!"

John raised many people into academics, I think, and I still remember his
interest when I shaved my head: "Ah -- when you change your haircut at 18,
it must mean something!"  I do not think many people could have helped me
to have been both a preschool teacher and an academic in one lifetime.  I
will miss him very much.

Beth

--
Beth Ferholt