[Xmca-l] Re: 3rd generation activity theory

Greg Thompson greg.a.thompson@gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 09:59:58 PDT 2016

Mark,
I don't understand what happens between 5 and 6:

"5. Student B: 'I think that we should put the following contents in our
poster (suggesting a list of topics concerning pet bottles and pet bottle
use) Please give me your opinion.
6. Student C: 'I made a poster about (topic a), please check' (poster4 file
an attachment in the forum, originally poster3)"

How did poster3 get changed into poster4 that is "about topic a". Or was
poster3 already about topic a? If so, then why the need to introduce to
everyone with "I made a poster about (topic a)"? Was "topic a" something
that was introduced by Student B in turn #5? Is this due to the students
not having the resources in English to indicate how their turn relates to
the previous turn?

The continuity/discontinuity (aka "old/new information") is what is unclear
to me. The fact that this poster4 is a revision of poster3 suggests
continuity and old information. But the statement "I made a poster about
(topic a)" suggests discontinuity and new information.

-greg

--
Gregory A. Thompson, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor