[Xmca-l] meaning in action (movement) of living form

Lplarry lpscholar2@gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 11:48:35 PDT 2016

I am never sure when to continue a thread and when to start a new thread.
Rein was mentioning *pattern* formation in relation to culture.
My preoccupation is to focus on meaning and meaning *potential*.

Annalisa recently attached an article by John Shotter exploring the methods of Vygotsky and Goethe.
Shorter is making a distinction between living form and dead form and posits a particular pattern occurring *within* the reciprocal movements of living forms that do not occur when engaged with dead forms.
Shorter is making a case that,
“ it is only from within our involvements with other living things that this KIND of meaningful, responsive, understanding becomes available to us.

THIS kind of meaningful pattern formation, experienced as movement from *within* responsive type *understanding*, exists through responsiveness towards other living forms. Inquiry into this kind of *meaning potential* requires methods focused on growing things.

The contrast Shotter makes is with dead assemblages that can be *constructed* piece by piece from what he refers to as (objective) parts. These parts of an assemblage retain their character and value irrespective of whether they are part of an assemblage.
With living forms, this is impossible for the parts to retain their character.
What is the central focus for Shotter is where the meaning *exists*?.
Shorter focuses on the present activity in terms of living *within* these living -responsive – forms

As he emphasizes it is only from within our involvements with other living forms that these KINDS of meaningful patterns *arise* and become *available* (conscious??) to us in our movements.

May or may not contribute to the topic of perezhivanie and liquid modernity and *containing* (not containers as reified essence).

Sent from my Windows 10 phone