[Xmca-l] Re: Meaning extended from index to Correspondence

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Thu Aug 4 17:24:08 PDT 2016

So what is your take on Eisenshtein's interest in written Chinese, David.
Shot, gaze,.... You remarked about his interest in some earlier text. I
always read him
in relation to Luria & Vygotsky. I find the notion of "generalized
representation" interesting because it turns up in Luria in a quite
different context.

There used to discussion of such matters when Giyoo Hatano was alive
because of the relation to Japanese Kanji, but no one I know of has taken
it up with respect to China and Eisenshtein.

--

It is the dilemma of psychology to deal as a natural science with an object
that creates history. Ernst Boesch