[Xmca-l] Meaning extended from index to Correspondence

Lplarry lpscholar2@gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 07:57:10 PDT 2016

We have been exploring identity and subjectivity and selfhood.
In relation to a few themes:
• We have been exploring perezhivanie and this phenomena expressing *meaning*
• James Ma shifts the focus to *potential* in (meaning) potential
• In relation to James Ma’s contribution we turned to Paul Kockleman and the Semiotic Stance.
• The semiotic stance has classically referred to an indexical relation of a sign standing for an object
• Kockleman expands the classical semiotic stance to always being (thirds). Thirds include double relations of (standing for): The sign standing for the object AND the sign standing for the interpretant in a double relation of (standing for) which expands from (2nds indexical) to (thirds corresponding)
• An example is the correspondence of pronouns (you) (me)  (it).  Me as I Stand in relation to it and Me as I stand in relation to you. In such a way that you stand in relation to it and you stand in relation to me in a  double relation of standing for that (corresponds). The object’s relation to both you and to I correspond as (thirds) which is general and abstract.
• Rein introduced (ity) as (arising) phenomena that do not exist as objects (in potential) or as objects with  (essence). All is impermanence as thematic NOT STRUCTURALLY opposite to permanence or stability or solidity. (ity) has existence as arising when the *now* HAS arrived. This arising of existents do not exist in potential. (ity) is also not under an agents *control*. Arising phenomena exist as momentary things materially but radically particular and idio/syncretic.
• Ity is not general

Sent from my Windows 10 phone