[Xmca-l] Fwd: [COGDEVSOC] Faculty Position in Development at NYU (open-rank)

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Tue Aug 2 10:24:31 PDT 2016

A real job, it appears.
mike
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Marjorie Rhodes <marjorie.rhodes@nyu.edu>
Date: Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 9:43 AM
Subject: [COGDEVSOC] Faculty Position in Development at NYU (open-rank)
To: cogdevsoc@lists.cogdevsoc.org

New York University

Faculty Position in Cognition and Perception (Development)

Department of Psychology

Arts and Science

The Department of Psychology in Arts and Science at New York University
invites applications for an open-rank, tenured or tenure-track position in
Development. The appointment is expected to begin September 1, 2017,
pending budgetary and administrative approval.

We seek applicants with outstanding records of programmatic research in
developmental psychology. Teaching duties will include undergraduate and
graduate courses as well as Ph.D. research supervision. It is required that
candidates for the junior level position will have completed all
requirements for the Ph.D. by the start date of the appointment.

To apply, see the “Job Openings” link on the NYU Department of Psychology
web site, http://www.psych.nyu.edu/. Review of applications will begin on
October 1, 2016, and continue until the position is filled. The application
should include a CV, statements of research and teaching interests,
representative publications, and at least three references.

The Faculty of Arts and Science at NYU is at the heart of a leading
research university that spans the globe. We seek scholars of the highest
caliber, who embody the diversity of the United States as well as the
global society in which we live. We strongly encourage applications from
women, racial and ethnic minorities, and other individuals who are
under-represented in the profession, across color, creed, race, ethnic and
national origin, physical ability, gender and sexual identity, or any other
legally protected basis. NYU affirms the value of differing perspectives on
the world as we strive to build the strongest possible university with the
widest reach. To learn more about the FAS commitment to diversity, equality
and inclusion, please read http://as.nyu.edu/page/diversityinitiative.
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.

Marjorie Rhodes

Associate Professor of Psychology
New York University
6 Washington Place, rm. 301
New York, NY 10003

212-998-3546
http://www.psych.nyu.edu/rhodes/index.html

It is the dilemma of psychology to deal as a natural science with an object
that creates history. Ernst Boesch