[Xmca-l] Fwd:

Ulvi İçil ulvi.icil@gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 08:51:21 PDT 2016

For your information.

Ulvi

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Adrian Kent <adrian.p.a.kent@gmail.com>
Date: 9 April 2016 at 13:46
To: Ulvi İçil <ulvi.icil@gmail.com>

Dear Ulvi,

Thank you for the very touching idea of leaving Max a red flower on behalf
of young Turkish communists.   Here it is, by the memorial photos in the
church in which, at Max's request (and despite his undiminished atheism)
his funeral took place.

I wanted to say a little about Max's politics and his family.   It wouldn't
be right to leave you with the impression that we are all a family of
Marxists.   For example, I am a member of the UK Liberal Democrats.   Max's
politics were his own, a result of his own reading and thinking about the
world, and his natural kindness and sense of justice.   Of course, he
certainly influenced his close family's political thinking, both because of
his lovely personality and the clarity of his thought.   But it wouldn't be
right to assume everyone agreed with him on every topic.

with all good wishes
Adrian