[Xmca-l] Re: Over or excess involvement of parent - ZPD

Huw Lloyd huw.softdesigns@gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 15:12:36 PDT 2015

Yes, Ulvi, that seems like a reasonable hypothesis.  Though there remains a
great deal of scope for ambiguity.  I wonder whether the dynamics you are
exploring may be attributed to a somewhat mediocre motive vs a motive that
would lean towards ignoring or contesting the parental mediation rather
than passively submitting to it.  Equally it seems reasonable that a
student may sulkily submit to a passive role in response to an overbearing
parent, but I suspect there would be a history of resistance to that.

The kinds of transfers one can gain from learning physical skills include a
confidence in successful learning strategies -- to discover that heartily
getting involved in an undertaking is good, rather than sitting on the
hands and doing as one is told.

Best,
Huw