[Xmca-l] Re: Two paths of mediation, or perhaps three

Andy Blunden ablunden@mira.net
Tue Nov 24 15:57:18 PST 2015

"Not have anything to do with" would not be quite right in
my view. I have always believed that the study of a word's
etymology sheds light on the concept it names, but mainly
because it brings into relief the genesis of the concept
itself and its interconnections - puts the frame back into
the movie.
But to say that the "original" meaning of a word is the
"true" meaning of the word (or other symbol or practice) is
called "the genetic fallacy."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_fallacy
Andy
*Andy Blunden*