[Xmca-l] Re: CoExperiencing as a Philosophy of Practice.

Larry Purss lpscholar2@gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 15:03:13 PST 2015

I thought I would add the last paragraph of Alex Kozulin's review of
Vasiliyuk's book.

By choosing the literary model of human experiencing, Vasilyuk affirms his
adherence to the humanistic, rather than scientific approach to human
psychology. His work can also be seen as a blueprint for the future
convergence of humanistic psychology with Vygotsky’s cultural-historical
theory of human development .

This premonition that some  new convergence is on the horizon. The coming
intersection forming a hybrid character.
Do others agree that we may be moving in the direction of a *literary
model*?
The discussion of White's narrative approach [using Bruner's notion of
scaffolding] may be an example.

 Vasilyuk's key understanding as expressed in his concept of consciousness
that has two essential aspects [and their relations]
*stratigraphy* as layered registers of depth or height. Each *layer* is a
life-world.
*structure* of the smallest molecule as unit of consciousness IS a *mental
image*  A mental image having the structure of the two magnetic poles and
the dynamic of consciousness moving within this dynamic *image*  like the
flow of plasma.  Depth of layers AND mental images interact generating
consciousness.

Vasilyuk's philosophy of practice as 1st order word that is originating
within the liminal spaces on the boundaries OF humanistic THEORY and
cultural historical THEORY of human development.

Consciousness as the originating site of meaning-GENERATION forming within
co-experiencing *situations*.  In other words situated consciousness as
working experience.

This is a fragment but does express a *tone*