[Xmca-l] Re: Understanding/changing "something"

HENRY SHONERD hshonerd@gmail.com
Sun May 31 16:24:23 PDT 2015

Annalisa,
You make good points all, it seems to me.

Radical was the term used by the those critical of the words and deeds of the the SDS/Weathermen, revolutionary was what they called themselves. What’s interesting is that their violence was mostly to property, not to people, unlike the Bader-Meinhoff gang in Europe. Tragicomically, in March of 1970, just three months after I returned from Cuba with a bunch of Weathermen (my political consciousness did not rate me a place in their collective) three members of the Weathermen in New York blew themselves up making a bomb. I wince now at how naive and clueless I myself was. Is violence ever justified? effective?

Respectfully,
Henry